Saturday, October 9, 2010

Rocketeers, Day 7

I didn't make it, too much else I had to do today. But all that is left are some washes and highlighting, and cleaning up the rocket packs and painting those. It shouldn't take long to do that tomorrow. Maybe I can claim Thursday didn't count. :p

Friday, October 8, 2010

Rocketeers, day 6

No work done yesterday, I spent the evening playing operation on my computer and then reinstalling everything. What fun.

Today, I painted up the harnesses for the rocket packs in Ceramcoat "Charcoal", ammo pouches for the SMGs in Timberline Green, and pistol holsters in Autumn Brown same as the jackets.

Tomorrow is my last day. Hopefully I can get gloves, weapons, helmets and the occasional bare head, plus some washes and highlighting, done in one day. We'll see.

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Rocketeers, day 4

No pictures today, computer problems. You will have to imagine an even coat of paint on the pants and boots. Hopefully I'll have the computersorted out tomorrow.

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Rocketeers, day 3

A quick post; I had a late day at work today and not much time to paint.

The pants are FolkArt "Camel". Again, two coats are needed for good coverage. I'll do a second quick layer tomorrow, then get to the boots and etc. And get the rocket packs ready, I hope.

Monday, October 4, 2010

Rocketeers, day 2

Today I started with a heavy drybrush of white over top of yesterday's black primer. This should give them a subtle shading under the blocked in paint, as well as bringing out all the details so I can actually see what I am painting. I didn't worry about the boots, since they will be painted black anyway.

I then painted the jackets in Ceramcoat's 'Autumn Brown'. Coverage isn't great, so it took two coats to even out.

Tomorrow I'll do the pants and boots, then start working on the details if I have the time.

Sunday, October 3, 2010

A new one week project: Rocketeers!

I've decided I want to run a pulp adventure game for Bayou Wars 2011, using the "I Ain't Been Shot, Mum" rules from Too Fat Lardies. I've painted up a test Rocket Corps figure to try out the paint scheme, and now we'll all see if I can paint the other 17 in 7 days.

The figures are well cast and well sculpted, with only a few small bits of flash and one or two figures with a slight mold misalignment. A bit of filing cleaned the worst of it to where it isn't noticeable. The metal is soft enough that it files down quite easily, which is good since I am cutting the wings off of the jet packs to get more of a "Rocketeer" look to them. Some quick work with the Dremel should take care of it quickly.

Today all I did was prime the figures with black Liquitex acrylic gesso. Because primer is boring, I've got some pictures of the test paint for you instead. As always, click for a larger image.


Left side

And the right. I am planning to make flag decals for the shoulder patches, which is why it is painted white at the moment. I won't have that done this week, I want to fill up a sheet of decal paper rather than using just one corner of a sheet.

A player's perspective.

Another angle.

Two squads, plus a few extras, in their lovely black primer.