Sunday, October 5, 2008

British Aeronef

I've been working on some Aeronef ships (Brigade Models figures) for a while now, and finally finished up the British fleet.




I figured people would be interested in the name placards.  Here's how I made them.  First, I made a table in a word processor, placing the flag images in each one.  I gathered the names from lists of period ships (Thank you, Wikipedia) and filled them into the table.  I then printed it onto a sheet of adhesive label and attached it to a piece of 0.010" plastic sheet.


I cut the  placards out with a x-acto knife and straightedge, then glued them to pieces of 2mm plastic "L" beam.


Lastly I superglued them to the back of the ships's bases.

3 comments:

Tas said...

Great stuff Bill - I have advertised your blog at my site here:
http://pauljamesog.blogspot.com/2008/10/new-britis-aeronef-fleet-commissioned.html

you might consider posting to the Brigade Models forums too!

Yours in a White Wine Sauce!
Tas

James (J) Womack, Esq. said...

Excellent work, old bean!

I too, shall advertise this blog on my own, and if you don't mind, I'll put a link there permanently as well.

Aeronef is my next probable scale/game project.

ColCampbell50 said...

Bill,

Looks great. can't wait for your next game as I had fun the last time we played.

Jim